Woodrow the Wood Duck

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Survival Lament

I'm so irritated I could spit
My washer is broke
And my dryer just quit.
My toilet won't flow
The shower won't drip
Wish I could get a plumber to do his bit.

The grass is cooked
My lawn is dry
Our landscaper's gone
The weeds grow high
Could he fix it? We'll never know
Cause he's on vacation in Kocomo

My drain won't drain
My stove won't work
The blender won't whir
And the coffee won't perk
My summer is slipping away so fast
The house is imploding--I may not last---

Till cool weather comes
And breezes blow
When geese fly over
And life gets slow
When grass is brown cause it's supposed to be
And everything's better for you and me---

Then comes Christmas and Ho! Ho! Ho!
New Year's here and another one to go.

collaboration by Benita and Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment