Woodrow the Wood Duck

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Riley






Riley was born on July 7 after a day of love and labor and lots of waiting family and friends. She was worth the wait--and is a joy to watch. Mama and Daddy and Baby Riley Danielle Jones are doing great and all the aunts and uncles and Grands are enjoying getting to know her



Day Old Child

My day old child lay in my arms
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish--
I wish that you could hear;

"I've a hundred wonderful things things to say
(a tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."

Mu day old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of a light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:

"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God--
I left Him yesterday."

__ Carol Lynn Pearson







1 comment:

  1. Awwww....Congrats to you both, Lauren and Josh!!! What a beautiful and precious little girl you've brought into the world. Your life will change in the most joyous and miraculous ways....I can't wait until Kirk and I have a chance to come and meet her;) We wish you all the blessings heaven has to offer<3 Savor each day and just......enjoy!

    ReplyDelete