Woodrow the Wood Duck

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pretending

I am waiting for the piano kids to come--I give lessons to Erin's and Amanda's kids.  Yes, it's a strange thing to contemplate since I really can't play very well.  I hark back to the old saying:  Those who can't do--teach!  And that's me!  I enjoy them coming and I have a learned a great deal from them all.  I even practice now!

They will all have a good understanding of the basics and if they choose to go on--they can.  If they don't they may use their knowledge to play a band instrument or just to enjoy music and know what they are listening to. Most studies show that children who read music do better in school--I firmly believe that.  It's like learning another language.  I am amazed at how fast they catch on--some are shy and would rather not play in front of anyone--but that's okay.  I play best for Robert at night  when no one is here and he is in the other room.  It's peaceful for me.  I hope it will be for them. I love learning with them.

As I was waiting I was flipping around on the computer and happened on famous atheists.  I clicked on--thinking maybe famous in the sense of Neil Armstrong or Mozart or Queen Elizabeth.  But no, it was Angelina Jolie and Paul Somebody and the flavor of the month in the showbiz world.  I couldn't help but remember an old poem by Carol Lynn Pearson :

"To An Atheist:

God must have a huge sense of humor

So righteously to resist

The temptation of turning the tables

On your pretending He doesn't exist."



Anyway, that sure set the tone for me this evening.  I don't know much but I'm glad that unbelief in my Heavenly Father is not one of my particular challenges.  I have plenty of others.
                                                                                 
                                                                                 
                                                                                  





No comments:

Post a Comment