Woodrow the Wood Duck

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thoughts on Change

I'm not fond of change.
Things that stay the same comfort me, calm me,
give me a sense of continuity and peace.

I do not welcome change.
Unfamiliar scenes framed by window sills with new colors
interrupt the day to day flow of movement my eyes are used to.

I am afraid of change.
Afraid of losing a scent, a whisper, a likeness, a memory
Lost in the  transformation of my surroundings.

I am embracing change.
I may as well since it chases me and often catches me without warning,
making me lose my breath with dread and foreboding.

I am learning from change.
Once accepted and approved, I am amazed at my ability to learn
and increase: to adapt with grace to whatever new adventure awaits.

                                                               BMJ
                                                               September 18, 2012


3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is my favorite line: I may as well since it chases me and often catches me without warning,
    making me lose my breath with dread and foreboding.
    I got chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks--I was feeling pathetic today--I'm over it now--hope your anatomy studying went well


    `

    ReplyDelete