Woodrow the Wood Duck

Thursday, July 19, 2012




This is a picture of the grands at Chickahominy Park about 18 months ago, the kids look so small!  Now Matthew is 3 years old, Riley is 1 year old and Clara Grace is 3 months old--they are unstoppable, these little spirits that come to join our family!

Today I thought of this picture while I was moving through a hectic day  and how they are all growing. 

Mom had an appointment at the pharmacy to be fitted for some special stockings to help ease the swelling and discomfort in her legs--they actually look pretty sporty--Mom has pretty legs.  Then she needed to make a run to Target--her favorite place--the woman should do a commercial--she loves that store.

I came home. cleaned up a bit, and then did five piano lessons--I love doing them but sometimes feel a little stressed between the phone and smaller ones running in and out of the house while I am trying to explain triads or harmonic intervals. then my kids all look at me like "what on earth is the matter with you?" Believe it or not, I look forward to them coming--it's kind of my one on one time with 'em.

After the kids left, Mom called to tell me the goats and chickens were out of the pen--code for "get these animals away from my flowers before I get a gun and shoot them all".  So I corraled 'em all back in the fence and they looked so betrayed--they like wandering about in the yard eating everything we plant--especially my geraniums and Mama's lilies.  The kids pried the fence open to get the eggs which I had not done today and didn't shut it quite tight enough--It's okay--Annabel and GoatBelle--I didn't name them--enjoyed their foray into the wilds with the deer.  Tom C. says they are overfed--they are round as butterballs.

The girls and Robert and I went to return a basket to the Wardells who brought some of his cracked wheat bread over for Robert's birthday--we were going to get some ice cream but he forgot his wallet so we headed home where the insect invasion from H began...

I ended my day with Maylon and Hallie and Jordan keeping me company while their Dads worked on a bike with Pike and Lan and Aidan and Jack and Henley at the shop.  Maylon spied one of those huge wolf spiders sauntering in my kitchen door like it lived here--which it would have had she not seen it.  Of course, I screamed , May screamed, Jordan screamed, Hallie went ballistic and we finally got Robert to come kill it and found a bunch of tiny hatchlings under the buffet where it ran to hide--I don't know if they were this spiders young or not but I do know that they no longer exist--and Michael had better not tell me not to kill them ----I do not hunt spiders but if they come in my house I will kill them. Instantly. With no remorse.  Ever.  Maybe I was attacked by a spider as a child or something because I have always been terrified of them.  I'm so glad  Robert got to see one before I killed it.  He always says "it's just a little spider"-- sure it is after I kill it and it shrivels up --this thing could eat a small cat...even he was impressed.

Anyway, that was a typical day here for me and I am tired and am going to bed to read and think about something that doesn't have eight legs---eeeek!

Good Night, chickadees


1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha. I love how this blog started out with the adorable picture of the kids and ends up with nasty spiders. I have a feeling it going to get even "messier" the older the kids get. I hope we are up for it! I hope I am up for it!

    ReplyDelete