Woodrow the Wood Duck

Monday, September 6, 2010


Visiting the temple today makes me think of new beginnings. The quiet and peace there calms me in a way no other place can. I actually have the wit to think and "ponder"--not something I'm very successful at, generally.

The "grands" have some new beginnings tomorrow and I wish them strength and happiness and a successful year of learning new things and making new friends--the dreaded first day of school! Travis begins kindergarten--if he goes, which right now is iffy--Lanian will begin too but has some experience in pre- school. Spence and Alex begin at new schools and Aidan will begin a pre-school program for the first time this year. Jack-Jack will too. Maylon and the twins begin a new year in a new town and my heart goes out to them--especially May-May who is feeling a little lost. And Mya the Bee begins another year of home school in a new state. But there is strength in families--and in the gospel--and new beginnings for us all! Happy Autumn--think of Tom Hanks saying to Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail--"in the fall I would give you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils--" --what a perfectly lovely thought--BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment